Friday, June 10, 2016

Our first big harvest and donation

This week I went to water the 4th grade gardens. I was surprised to see the garlic was beyond ready to be harvested so I started digging. 


I found a lot of garlic. And a few extra large ones. 


I noticed that the onions needed harvesting as well so Mrs. Friedel came in the next morning and we dug up all of the onions too. 



I contacted the Chesterfield Food Bank and they scheduled a pick up from us for Friday. 

Naturally we had to have a Garden Club picture. 


In the bag is the garlic and in the wagon, the onions. 

I also took a few photos of the gardens:

The herb garden


The butterfly garden




The zucchini and squash plants


The tomatoes


Remember I said the garlic was "beyond ready" to be harvested...well some of it had opened up so much that the bulbs had opened and individual cloves were separated. We will save these cloves for planting our next batch. 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...